Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Trim up the tree

I have been chided once again for not posting; more specifically, for attending to housekeeping matters rather than content. While I did waste a ridiculous amount of time trying to get a banner onto my page, I have to say in defense of not posting for a while: sometimes life gets in the way. I enjoy keeping up this website but I also enjoy living life; sometimes it is more fun to be in the here and now, rather than documenting it. Hope you understand.

That said... I do have a few cute photos to share. Liam went a little wacky yesterday - we went out for a walk with Autum and her mom early yesterday afternoon, the four of us, and then went back to their place to play. This sent Liam's system a little haywire and he refused to nap until 5 p.m., and then passed right out. As a result he was up quite late last night which was actually a good thing. We had set up the tree on Sunday night but, being a live tree, we had to give it time to uncurl. Monday night had already been designated as tree-trimming night and I'm glad Liam got to partake. Here he is enjoying all the crinkly paper that the breakable ornaments get packed in.

He tried to get in on the action by putting the star on top of the tree, but he botched that job quite badly, dropping it a few times and putting some good gouges into the hardwood floors in the process. So Chad wound up capping it off. Better luck next year, little buddy. (Hey, now that I think about it, isn't it the Littlest Who who puts the star on the tree in The Grinch? Very fitting!)

So, the good news is that the tree is up and looking great (though I still think we need a few more ornaments to fill it out). The bad news: keeping Liam away from it. Not hard on a regular basis, since he's still fairly immobile, but I had him in his walker this morning which was very bad news. Kept me hopping. We might need to put that thing away til the holidays are over.

5 comments:

megan said...

I really hate to nit pick but...it was a live tree before it was cut down. Now it is little more then a floral arangement waiting to be turned into mulch. The photos are beautiful and Liam was far more involved in the decorating then either of my girls.

Carrie said...

Don't they even get involved in the family tree??

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new look!!

Kelly said...

Carrie...your new banner is beautiful, I am jealous of the sheer professionalism of it! I can't even figure out how to post a picture to my profile or how to put the ticker at the bottom of the site!!! Your tree also looks great, ours is going to be going up this weekend (a week later than usual, but one less week to try and keep Sydney away from it). I am curious to see how bare it will look without most of the pretty glass & very breakable ornaments.

Carrie said...

Yeah, I guess we're lucky that Liam is still pretty immobile - at least for this year! Strangely enough our cat is also doing a much better than normal job of keeping away from the tree this year...

Kelly, if you want any help posting photos/tickers/doing a banner, just let me know. It is not too hard once you've got it figured out. If I remember correctly though you *might* need to change the style template of your blog to do the header thing.