Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Maestro

Liam, like most kids, loves music, whether he's playing his piano, I'm singing to him, or we're listening to one of his CDs. A few days ago I mentioned that I had come up with some good stocking stuffer ideas for him. One of these ideas was some new, homemade CDs. Since music sharing is still legal in Canada, at least for now, I got on Kazaa and did a search for Raffi, then downloaded a bunch of songs. (Chad has pooh-poohed this idea a little, saying just because I listened to Raffi as a kid doesn't mean that Liam will want to, 30 years later; he'll want something hip and new on the kid's music scene. This may be a valid point and as a result, I am currently downloading about 30 songs from The Wiggles (the problem with kid's music being that each song is only about 45 seconds long.)) We have also been busy downloading music for ourselves for the past couple of weeks; we normally get into music mode around Christmas, when we know we'll have some entertaining to do, and that's when we tend to update our music library. Anyway, on Kazaa you can track not only your downloads but also your uploads - who is taking music from you, and what files they're taking. And, while we've been downloading, what do you think has been the most popular upload from the Cook house for the last couple of weeks? That's right, Raffi. It seems like every time we're on the Internet, someone is coming after our Raffi. Not such an unpopular idea now, is it Chad??

5 comments:

megan said...

I love this banner even more then the last one. The girls in the office all think the photo in the middle is the cutest.

Gillian said...

Carrie, the new template and banner is wonderful!

Very creative indeed! I had to start my site meter over again when I changed one of my blog templates. I noticed that your didn't change...awesome!

p.s. I made rum cakes for Megan and Cory this week, and am putting two in for you and your husband. I'll give them to Megan when I next see her and she can pass them on to you. I am telling you this as a safety feature (i.e. Megan...don't eat Carrie's rum cakes!)

Anonymous said...

I love Raffi!! If you burn a disc, will you burn one for me too? Steph

Darin & Jenn said...

Has anyone else had the date and time bar disappear on them when writing a new blog entry or going back to edit a draft??

Carrie said...

Steph - your copy has been made!

Jenn/Darin - click on "Post and Comment Options" at the bottom left of your posting screen - it's still there, just hidden from view as a default now.