Thursday, December 01, 2005

Trumped by the Cook genes

There's a new item on our weekly agenda. In addition to if-it's-playgroup-it-must-be-Tuesday and if-it's-swimming-it-must-be-Thursday, we have now added if-it's-the-library-it-must-be-Wednesday. To be honest, Liam has very little interest in books. He doesn't care much for the books we have at home, or the magazines I sometimes let him read with me (only when I don't mind them being destroyed, of course). I was thinking maybe some new stuff would whet his appetite a little. So we came home with five new books, and I have struck out with all of them. Some are not great; some are fabulous. (I very much enjoyed Yummy YUCKY: "SOUP is yummy, SOAP is yucky... BURGERS are yummy, BOOGERS are yucky...") I enjoy reading and have got a list of books on request through the library that I hope to crank through in what little free time I have. Chad, on the other hand, can count the books he's read since finishing school on one hand. The Cook genes win again (boy, I am getting sick of saying that!!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that the book thing is not a Cook gene, but rather a Chad gene. I will try to send some of the literary Cook genes Liam's way. He will always be welcome to browse my library - only when he's old enough and responsible enough not to chew on the books, however. Let's just hope he has the wherewithall to realize that John McEnroe is not actually one of the world's literary greats.