Friday, March 31, 2006

Busy busy

They say if you want something done, give it to a busy person to do, and yesterday I am proud to say that I was that busy person crossing things off the list left and right. It was my last part-time day off with Liam, and we made the most of it. We went swimming in the morning, and it was the first time I ever tried dunking Liam underwater; he loved it. We met some repairmen back at the house to replace a cracked window. We went out for a walk, which included a trip down to a local park, where Liam partook of the swings - here he is, finding them somewhat enjoyable, but much more interested in watching the other kids playing on the equipment; and then I put him on the slide, which he loved, and he wound up going down it at least 20 times. We dropped Chad's bike odometer off at the jewellers to replace the battery and picked it up again. Liam went down for a nap, and while he was sleeping, I sorted some photos, worked on his scrapbook, painted some shelves I'm building and touched up the window frame and baseboards, cut back some plants in the garden, raked the front lawn and cleaned up the mulch. (Yeah, it was a long nap.) Before the day was out, we also managed to put some stuff in the mail and bake a contribution for the church bake sale this weekend. (I also returned a couple of emails, but unfortunately, the phone calls never got made - sorry if I owe you one.) I was exhausted by last night, and I didn't get any schoolwork done, but I feel like things are under control on the homefront and I also had a fun day off with Liam - missions both accomplished.

(What Liam had for lunch today at daycare, as per Cindy's notes: Potatoes, carrots, asparagus, penne pasta with spaghetti sauce, cheese, bread, milk, and pineapple. We are really getting our money's worth...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hat.....

megan said...

We have a swing and a slide for your backyard if you want them. Does your new found love of all things bright and plastic continue outside to the yard or is it just the play room?

Anonymous said...

Liam - you had a big lunch on Fri Grandma better make sure she is stocked up for dinner on Sunday. You sure look good in that hat even if you do wear it sidewise.