Saturday, March 11, 2006

A taste of spring

The weather is warm enough this weekend that we have snowdrops and crocuses not only popping up, but even flowering in the back yard. More snow is forecast for next week, but currently it's in the mid 50s and the mercury is still climbing. Days like today make me want to get outside and clean up the yard and paint the deck and wash my windows. I have too much schoolwork to do to attempt any of that right now (not to mention said return of snow), but we did take a walk down to our local bike shop to check out their new arrivals. Chad is interested in a new bike and after being spoiled by him and his parents at Christmas, I think I owe him a good birthday present in a few weeks' time.

Not only are we interested in a new bike for Chad, but Liam is getting in on the action, too. We are looking into a bike seat for him, and of course a helmet to go with. Here he is modeling the one he likes best.
I myself celebrated this taste of spring a different way: I went for a pedicure and have bright orange toenails now. I probably won't be wearing sandals anytime soon, but they're a nice reminder that it won't be long.

1 comments:

megan said...

We just spent the last two hours out side with the girls on their bikes. It is a beautiful day.