Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's not all piss and vinegar

...I just make it out to be that way. Of course, the fact that I don't actually have to go to work today may have something to do with my change of heart...

Seriously though, Liam is adjusting to daycare like a little trooper. He likes Cindy. He likes the other kids. He is playing well and eating well and behaving well when he is at daycare. Even took a 2.5 hour nap there yesterday. That's my little man!! This is one of those times when being momma to Mr. Even Keel has its benefits. He is pretty even-tempered at all times, and I guess that extends to even major life transitions such as this.

Normally by the time Chad comes home from work, I am ready to hand Liam off; I may fix his dinner while Chad actually feeds him, and Chad takes care of most of the bathtime routine. Last night, I was at Cindy's at 4:36 (clock watch much??) and we were home ten minutes after that. We had some good playtime before dinner, then Chad fed him, and I helped with his bath and gave him a rubdown (putting our baby massage class to use) before putting his PJs on, and we read several books before bed. It was less time, but it was quality time. And as much as setting the alarm for 5:40 a.m. makes me feel nuts, I have run more in the last couple of weeks than I had in the couple of months before that. Last year at this time, I had a hard time getting into the office by 8:30. Now, I have time to get both Liam and myself ready in a leisurely way, and we were still on Cindy's doorstep before 8 a.m. yesterday.

There's an overall feeling of efficiency that I like - I have pared down the day to the bare bones. I do what needs to be done, stay organized, and don't waste time. Let's hope I can keep it up beyond Day 1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He obviously does not get this "Even Keel" thing from his mother. Maybe you can learn a thing or two from your son.

Carrie said...

Ah yes, one more thing to credit to his dad. :)