Monday, March 27, 2006

For my renaissance man

Last Friday, Liam came home from daycare with this finger painting that he did at Cindy's. Can I tell you once more how much I love this woman? He'd been there for just five full days, and already he planted flowers, went to story time at the library and finger painted. I am loving the artwork and it's going to be difficult to decide what all to keep and what to pitch now that stuff is coming home at a good clip. (I guess that's why scanners were invented...)

Megan asked about the requisite trip to IKEA I made while in Hamilton. Liam went to bed early, and Chad wanted to rest up for his race, so I travelled ten minutes down the road to spend my Saturday night in The Land Of All Things Cheap And Swedish. Every time I go there, I want one of everything, regardless of the fact that modern is really not my style. I had my eye on a wooden children's craft table and chairs, something with which Liam can continue exploring his artistic side at home. As it turned out, they looked better on the web than they did in person. But then I found this adorable little set that followed me home. They're loud, obnoxious, plastic furniture pieces, and I love them. In hindsight, they're a much better choice than the wood; the walls are already tan, the floors already a neutral hardwood - I love how the colour kicks things up a notch in this room. Not to mention the fact that they match the Curious George prints already hanging on the wall. I envision us (yes, us - the chairs are big and strong enough to seat an adult) spending many happy hours drawing and colouring away at this table. Unfortunately, I only picked up 4 chairs, not realizing that the table fits 5. I see another trip to IKEA is in my future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the colours look really good against the neutral walls and wood floors from what I can see in the picture. We'll see if Liam turns out to be as crafty as you!

megan said...

This is just the begining. I see one of those plastic bin holder things to hold craft suplies in your future as well.