Friday, March 10, 2006

Is this what the cool kids do on Friday night?

Liam and I have been going for groceries together every Friday morning since he was just a few months old. However, being in the office at 10:30 this morning, tied up in a conversation about how contract renewals affect customers' balancing accounts, the trip to the grocery store wasn't happening. We've decided instead to take turns doing the grocery run on Friday nights after Liam is in bed, and tonight was my night. It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I went out to parties on Friday nights, always hoping that Chad would wind up at the same one. These days I live with the man, but the tradeoff is that I get to spend my Friday night with the guy behind me in the checkout lane telling me that he thinks the reason the chicken is on for such a good price this week (as he eyes my cart with six packages of the stuff) is because it's all infected with the Bird Flu. I'm not kidding - this is how he actually struck up a conversation. To be fair, I really can't complain about not enjoying my Friday night, because as soon as I am done writing this I am going to bed; and that means that, with any luck, I will get a blissful nine hours of sleep before my baby babble alarm clock goes off; what more could a girl ask for?

(I did actually stop and think about it before posting this picture of Chad in his gitch. It's really not how I like to present him to the world, but I love this picture of Liam, so too bad. Over the past ten days or so, Liam has learned how to do an amazing number of new things, including waving bye-bye for the first time that we can really and truly tell that he means it. And so, we spend a lot of time now closing doors and making it appear that we are going away for a while, to elicit as many waves from the boy as possible. We're lucky that he doesn't have any separation anxiety, and takes our pretend exits in stride.)

1 comments:

megan said...

Underwear causes you to think twice but topless is no problem??