Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Grandma Dee to the rescue

Liam only spent two full days in daycare before Cindy needed a break from him and decided that driving down to Florida with her own kids was more fun than changing his diapers (I can't imagine why). This would have left us in the lurch as far as daycare is considered; cue Dana to step in.Dana spent the last three workdays at our house taking care of Liam, and by the end of it I didn't need to tell her what to feed him or when to change him or how to entertain him; she knows him inside and out. Not only did she manage to keep him happy and fed and remarkably well-rested (how did you get him to nap in the morning Dana? - he wouldn't do it for me today), she also even took him to his playgroup, and I'm glad she did because it was Baby Massage Day which we had been looking forward to for months. (I am ticked that it happened on a day when I wasn't able to be there, but that's another story entirely, and I'll have to leave the bitching to next Tuesday at playgroup when I have the OEYC staff as an audience).
I have the rest of the week off, so this morning I took Liam into the office so that he could properly thank his grandma for keeping him happy & healthy with some flowers. Not the best angle on them here, but I think he did a good job of picking out something pretty. Dana told me she went to bed early last night. Glad to know that I am not the only one the little guy wears out!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful flowers, Liam. I cann't remember the last time someone gave me roses.
Cindy did not go on vacation to get away from you, must be the other kids. You are too good and too cute.
Hope we can do it again soon.

Love Gramma Dee