Wednesday, June 22, 2005

At play



I am really starting to use my camera's manual mode more often. I've finally learned enough to be able to do so. When my pictures turn out well, they turn out really well. But when I forget to change a setting (as I did with the ISO here), well, they're not so good. Megan's family came over on Sunday for a little photo shoot and I forgot to change the settings again after we were done. I really like this picture and will probably try to duplicate it sometime, with better settings (and it wouldn't hurt if I were a bit more dressed up too, not in my just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-in-my-workout-gear look.)

Last night Liam did really well. Slept for a five hour stretch followed by a four hour stretch. That's my boy!! I couldn't find standard 7W bulbs yesterday for the lamp in his room, but I did find 15W, and I really think it helped. I still got the 5:30 a.m. wakeup call though. He went back down at 7 and then I dozed off, and by the time I got my running clothes on and was drinking some juice about to hit the treadmill - he was up again. I managed to hold off eating breakfast and was ready to go when he went down for his second nap at 9:30. I got my three mile interval workout in, a complete shower, breakfast, looked something up in a magazine and now even an email check - and he's still not up. It's the inconsistency that drives me batty. Sometimes I have a ton to do and no time to do it; sometimes he gives me way more free time than I expect, and when it's over I wish I had known I was going to have so much because I would have planned on doing something even bigger and better.

0 comments: