Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ups 'n' downs



Well, Liam went longer between wakings last night, but was also up longer each time (like an hour and a half at one point). Sometimes he barely wakes up enough to eat, and others he's Mr. Life of the Party at 3 a.m. I have started to only change him once at night, when he first wakes up after his 5-hour stretch, and then put a disposable diaper on him to carry him through til morning. On Amanda's advice I don't use any sort of wipe on him at the time either (nothing too cold on the bum to startle him). (Luckily he no longer poops at night so it's not too much of a concern. Sorry, world, if that's TMI for you.) Despite all this he's still often bright eyed and bushy tailed. I only turn on one lamp with a 40W bulb in it during the diaper change - the rest of the time it's dark - but I wonder if that's still too bright. (I do have a nightlight in his room, but it's across the room and behind the chair, and there's just not enough light to do a diaper change with it.) This morning I heard that you can buy 7W lightbulbs. Once he wakes up we're going to go out and look for some. If not a 7W then I'm sure at least I could find a 25W - anything dimmer in that lamp can only help.

My back is killing me today - I think I pulled something during my Pump class last night and then pacing the floor with 15 lbs of baby at 3 a.m. didn't help!...

On the bright side, the batteries ran out on the swing today before I even got in the shower, and he made it through with no tears!...

0 comments: