Sunday, June 12, 2005

Fitting it in



How funny is it that, for me anyway, the weekends are becoming more stressful/challenging than my weekdays? Despite the fact that Chad is around to help out with the kiddo. I am just starting training for a half marathon and Chad has been training for a full marathon for several weeks now. Sunday mornings we both have long runs scheduled. And, we live where it is bloody stinking hot at this time of year. The heat is only going to get worse and our mileage is only going to increase from here. This morning between the two of us we had to fit in eighteen miles – by the end of August, we’ll be up over thirty. And of course, when I run is dictated by when Liam needs to eat, so every time we go through this it’s on the fly. If I wake up early to feed him then I try to get out the door right afterwards so that Chad can go when I return. If Chad wakes up first then he’ll go out before me since I’ll need to feed Liam before I go anyway. I don’t like to eat before I run, but Chad likes to eat first but then lets it settle for an hour. There’s a multitude of ways it can all play out…

This afternoon we are heading out to the lake. Chad’s parents have been after us to bring Liam out since day 1 so there’s no more stalling! We’ll go out mid-afternoon for dinner, but probably won’t do too much else – it’s really hot out, and we’ll see how Liam takes to it. Plus, we’ll have to make sure he stays in the shade. Luckily the mosquitoes shouldn’t be a problem since the trailer is on a waterfront lot.

I am really looking forward to doing some beach pictures of Liam sometime. Unfortunately, by the time he’s able to sit on his own, this summer will be over. So it may not be this year. Maybe I can nab someone else’s kid to practise on… I am really itching to get out and shoot at the beach! In the meantime, here’s one from this morning – not sure Liam is really up for the trip to the lake after all. Or maybe he's just upset because his hat is three sizes too big. (Hey, it's all I could find!...)

0 comments: