Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Making the most of it



We miss Chad and are looking forward to him coming home tonight. Having said that, I've indulged in one guilty pleasure since he's been gone. Liam is normally up sometime around 5 a.m. for a feeding and about half an hour of really social time (his most talkative time of day) before he goes back down for a couple of hours. Unfortunately for him, 5 a.m. is my worst time of day, as that's when the sleep deprivation hits its peak. I am in no mood for playtime at 5 a.m.! Something that helps me get through it is bringing Liam back to our bed after this early morning feeding. If I dump him back in his crib before he gets his social fix, he cries, but I can usually bring him to our bed and let him think he's babbling to us while really we're sleeping. (I can't believe I'm admitting this. Aren't I awful? I know I'm supposed to be interacting with him and stimulating him and helping him learn, but really, at 5 a.m. -- that's asking a little too much!!) And then he'll fall asleep on his own for a few more hours. The problem is that sometimes it's hard to sleep through his babbling because it's so loud. Well, that's not 'the' problem, that's Chad's problem. After I've been up all night I can sleep through just about anything! So anyway, long story short, I try not to do this too often on a workday when Chad's sleep will be affected (sometimes if I'm tired enough I think 'Chad be damned' and do it anyway, or sometimes I'll take Liam to the spare bedroom with me), but with Chad gone this week Liam has been spending his mornings in bed with me while I catch some extra zzz's. So here he is this morning, snoozing beside me. Doesn't bother me in the least now that his snurgle is gone...

0 comments: