Thursday, August 04, 2005

Little (jail) bird


Yesterday was probably the last day Liam will wear this little navy and white striped number, which is one of my favourite outfits of his. Getting too small - the story of his life. Because we got home late last night, we didn't change him into PJs, just fed him and changed his diaper and put him to bed still in this onesie.

At our middle-of-the-night feeding, lit only by a nightlight, it looked like he was wearing black and white stripes. A little jailbird. Of course, that's when I sit there and get all misty eyed about how big he is and how far he's come and all the things I hope for in the future. I will miss my little jailbird. I am sad every time we put something of his away, but especially the things that are my very favourites. I still think we will have another little boy who will wear this some day, but he won't be Liam. Sniff.

(File photo from the 1st week of July.)

0 comments: