Monday, August 29, 2005

This time last year - day 2

Day 2 in Paris. It called for a field trip to Versailles. I've wanted to visit this place for years, and when we finally got there I have to say it was a little disappointing - crowds worse than Disney World, being herded through like cattle, etc. But when you stepped back and remembered that this used to be someone's house - that made it amazing all over again. This is the Hall of Mirrors, by far the most spectacular "room" in the house:

The "back yard" - and this is just a tiny piece of it - another monster fountain and the canal, built for leisurely rowings about during dinner parties:


By Day 2 in Paris I had figured out that a lemon tart and a bottle of Orangina were my best friends in the battle against morning sickness. Oh, the sight of those bulbous little blue bottles - I wish I had brought one home as a souvenir, I took to it so much. If I ever find it on this side of the pond - God help me, I'll clear the place out!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Come ON!!!

Is it only in cans/regular bottles, or do they have the funky blue bottles too?

Why did I not know this the whole time you lived there????!!