Sunday, August 28, 2005

This time last year


I'm taking time today to mourn my former freewheeling lifestyle. Chad and I normally take a big trip every year. Travelling is pretty much our favourite thing to do. Liam's a hoot, but he's seriously hampering us in the travel department. Even though he is somewhat portable... with me on maternity leave, our finances are drained enough that it's not in the stars for us this year! One year ago today was the start of a wonderful two weeks that we spent in France and Switzerland. And I have to smile when I think of this trip, because I was about two months pregnant at the time... our first little family adventure. The day we landed in Paris was drizzly, but we were so excited to be there that it didn't stop us from walking up and down the Seine about three times. We also visited Notre Dame and climbed to the top of the bell tower, where this photo was taken. Here's another photo from the day - we had dinner our first night at a little brasserie down the street from our hotel...


By contrast - here is how we have spent our day so far this year. Very different! But while I have loved every minute of every adventure that Chad and I have had in the past, Liam is an adventure all his own, one that is happening 24/7/365 rather than just for a couple of weeks here and there. Definitely, definitely worth it. We hope to one day have the best of both worlds - to be able to show our kids as much of the world as possible, and have them enjoy travelling as much as we do.

1 comments:

megan said...

What a difference a year makes! This next year will bring more then you could ever imagine. You were right this blog thing is kind of fun. Carolyn is out of the water at 1:17. She is really doing well!