Monday, January 23, 2006

He is his mother's child

At our doctor's appointment last week, we were given free reign in the food department. Dr. Kate had originally given us a list of things she didn't recommend for little guys but since he was handling everything well, she lifted the restrictions - including berries. That's all I needed to hear - I came home and cut him up some strawberries, which he absolutely devoured. This doesn't surprise me - when I was pregnant I probably went through a one pound box of strawberries a day. They're one of my favourite foods, so no wonder it rubbed off on him. I didn't realize just how much he liked them until Saturday morning though - he had just finished eating a snack of his own when I sat down on the floor with a bowl of strawberries for myself- and when he saw them, he shimmied across the floor to me, crawled up into my lap, and grabbed what I was eating out of my hand. We finished the rest of the bowl together. I guess he had a little room to spare after all.

(Yes, that is bagel on his cheek and carrots around his mouth.)

0 comments: