Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I've created a monster

Yesterday morning, after the usual breakfast ritual, I took Liam into the living room and plopped him down on the rug to play while I dismantled the last of the Christmas decorations. (Yeah, I know, finally!...) We don't normally play in the living room, since it hasn't been baby-proofed and the only part of the floor covered by a rug is also mostly covered by a big coffee table with a dangerously hard edge. Well, I think Liam will want to play there every day from now on: he took one look at the coffee table, hooked his little mitts around it, and pulled himself up perfectly into a standing position. While he's gotten himself onto his knees in his crib by hanging from the rails there, this is the first time that he's executed a full pull-up. I plonked him back down on the ground and he repeated the feat several times. Of course, we tried to show Chad before he left for work this morning, and it didn't go so well. Liam's trying to make a liar out of me...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

And where was your camera to capture this momentous event?

Carrie said...

Well, my hands were getting ready to shield Liam's skull if need be. The coffee table is glass and iron. Not a very baby-friendly mix!