Thursday, January 19, 2006

Liam's turn to be proud of me

OK, this is going to sound ridiculously petty to most of the world, but you know what? I don't care. Remember that digital scrapbook page that I posted last month? Don't go back looking for it, I had to take it down... because... a magazine contacted me and asked if they could publish it! Yeah baby! Liam in all his Christmas tree decorating glory will be featured in the upcoming Scrapbooks Etc. Baby Book, under the 'Special Events' chapter. This makes me wish that I had submitted many, many more pages to them, because - let's face it - I have lots. Not bad for my first attempt at a digital page - I think I will have to keep it up in the future.

My efforts are paid more in bragging rights (if you consider being a published scrapbooker something to brag about) than monetary compensation, but I do get a free magazine and $100 US. I'm thinking it might be time to finally order the camera bag that I've been eyeing...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!! I've been looking for an excuse to get a new scrapbooking mag that Darin thinks are a waste of money. I don't think he will say no this time! (and it's one of the good magazines too!) CONGRATS :)

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Carrie! You are an excellent photographer (I told you Ron Smith says you've got the eye), but you do have a beautiful subject to photograph. Since I'm not a scrapbooker you'll have to let us know when and where to get it.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Carrie - we always knew you had the talent - you deserve the bragging rights

megan said...

I certainly believe that being a published "anything" is brag worthy. Congratulations!

Just so you know, once your baby is past all the shots phase your get passes on to one of the lesser docs in the office. My advice? Go for the guy, he is easier with the drugs.

Carrie said...

Thanks everyone... I know it's kind of silly, but I am really excited!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Your mother-in-law was in at the store on Saturday and told me all about your blog and your digital layout being published! That is SO amazing. You should be very proud of yourself. I can't wait to see it...maybe I could get a sneak peek at the store sometime?? (c=