Monday, March 19, 2007

39 weeks

39 weeks today... had contractions again overnight, but they seem to be gone now. Argh. The waiting has got to be the worst part. I really didn't go through this with Liam, as he came early and I expected him to be late. For some reason now I seem to think it could be anytime, which is driving me nuts! Actually, my guess is for Wednesday (21st) and Chad's guess is Friday (23rd) - we'll see if either one of us is right. With Liam we guessed the 14th and he was born on the 13th, so our track record is pretty good. (If only I could have hung on for another 19 hours last time, we'd have been the happy winners of the Sears Baby Waiting Game...)

So as it is, things are in limbo. I've been on the phone with HR this morning trying to sort out a retroactive pay that I am due, as well as getting my record of employment in order to allow those EI payments to start rolling in. I am toying with the idea of a quick trip to Windsor to get Liam some new spring/summer clothes. He needs a rain jacket and boots (and I'd like to get him a cute matching set), shorts and tshirts, shoes... pretty much everything. We picked up some new swim trunks for him a few weeks ago, but now that they're home they look awfully long and I can't decide whether to keep them or return them. I think the waist is OK but really... should a bathing suit be covering most of his legs? That seems odd. It is currently blizzarding outside, so a trip to Windsor will either have to wait for this afternoon or possibly even tomorrow... though if tomorrow came and the trip never happened, I would not be at all disappointed. :)

0 comments: