Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy New Year!

OK, so it may not be a new year for everyone, but it is for me... barring disaster, I will not be back in my seat at work until 52 weeks from today. And if that's not cause for celebration and horn blowing, I don't know what is.

Unfortunately, my party is off to a slowish start. After proclaiming that we are all on the mend yesterday, what happened? Not three hours later I came down with a wicked ear infection that very nearly sent me to the emergency room last night. Instead, feeling like it was too much work to get dressed and drive down to the hospital (and realizing that there might not even be much they can do for me right now, medication-wise), I hunkered down in bed, and today it feels much better. Still, I'm not out of the woods yet; I'm still coughing and congested. Terrible timing. Giving birth is hard enough when you're healthy... let alone when you're not well rested and unable to even breathe normally. So first up on the agenda this week is Mission: Get Better.

That's not to say that all festivities have been put on hold. With only 364 days of freedom left, I can't afford to let any time slip away. So far today we have:

* Slept in - great timing Liam! I needed it today.
* Made a big batch of waffles for breakfast.
* Fed and played with the cat next door while his owner is away.
* Said hello to the mailman when he came by as we were coming home from feeding the cat. Liam is all about the questions these days: "Who's that, mommy?" Too cute.
* Went out to run some errands. Picked up some garbage bags and kleenex (we are running on empty after the week we've had here); searched unsuccessfully for some Croc-type shoes in Liam's size (but know where to go looking for them, and when they're expecting a new order in) and some mulch for the garden (it's supposed to be shorts and t-shirt weather tomorrow, so I'd hoped to make progress there).
* Came home and made pizzas for lunch. Liam is an excellent cheese-sprinkler.
* Currently he's napping, and I'm procrastinating - I intend to log into work email, but am dreading what I might find.
* Once he's up - we're heading out for a walk. Liam's birthday is one month from tomorrow. **sniff** We have a party theme in mind, and I'm off to see whether I can rent an appropriate cake pan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good picture. You are probably thinking this could be the last one. It's getting close.

Dawn said...

Your "did it list" makes me feel worthless! Maybe once the new one comes around your lists will get shorter and make me feel better about just getting a shower in and shaving one armpit on some days! LOL!

Kelly said...

Love the picture Carrie.
I really hope that you are feeling better. It is not fun being sick when pregnant & it is not fair to you that your last days before becoming sleep deprived again cannot be spent doing the things that you want to do.