Sunday, March 11, 2007

This sums up the past few days

What better way to celebrate the end of work than to spend it holed up in the house for several days straight, sick and miserable? I have managed to keep it down to just a slight sore throat and a sniffle. Liam, on the other hand, was completely lifeless for several days. I think this photo is from Friday. He spent about five hours sleeping on Friday, most of it draped on top of me like he is here - he would cry if I tried to move him. (I did have one glorious break for an hour or two, during which I managed to vacuum the house and make my bathrooms sparkle - the most consecutive cleaning that's been done in this house since our cleaning help up and quit last fall.) We went out for dinner with friends on Friday night, and before we left I gave Liam a dose of decongestant that knocked him out pretty quickly. Unfortunately, when we came home he got up, and he had a miserable night: sweaty and soaked in his pajamas, running a really high fever, refusing to have anything to drink or take any more medication (which he normally can't get enough of) - even refusing the Freezies I made 4 a.m. trips to the freezer to get for him. I resorted to sponging him down and trying to sleep beside him in his bed while he thrashed around. I was all set to take him to the doctor first thing Saturday morning, but by 7 a.m. the fever had broken and he is on the mend, apricot sneaking and all.

Completely out of the blue yesterday, Liam said "Nice day for walk" - where does he get this stuff from? - and he made a similar comment today. We did get out for an hour yesterday and hope to do the same this afternoon, just as soon as he wakes up from his nap. We have lost time to make up for.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

awww, so sorry he was so miserable. It just stinks when they are so down,if it makes you feel any better we were right there with you!

You know me, blog stalker and all, saw the brief hiatus and it put me on "little miss" Baby Watch 2007!