Monday, March 26, 2007

40 weeks (subtitle: You cannot be serious!!!!)

I was a bit fearful of logging on today... I was wondering what happens when my ticker/widget hit the end of the line. Do they implode? Do they automatically trumpet "She's here!!" - now, wouldn't that have been a depressing sight to see? Only marginally more depressing than the big fat "0 DAYS TO GO" - ha! Wouldn't that be nice! Oh well. At least I am here enjoying a beautiful spring day with my own agenda. Chad is at the office, facing a chorus of "What are YOU doing here? Still no baby?" Better him than me... I think I would be going postal on my coworkers for it!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through right now. Since both Sydney & Jason needed to be scheduled, I never went over 38 weeks & was more than happy for that time to arrive. However, the main reason for my impatience was that it was summertime & bloody hot!
I hope that you are managing to do some things that you enjoy & not paying too much attention to every little twinge your body performs.

megan said...

As you will notice I have not called nor driven by. Thanks for now wreaking my weekend plans, you're the best.

BTW as a mom who went 4 weeks over (only 2 of which we knew about) just on time would have been great!

Dawn said...

Not to ruin the fun and anticipation, but I had to go to babystrology.com to see WHAT would happen. I don't like surprises. Ever. Hence 2 induced pregnancies. They weren't done by choice, but I was happy with them nonetheless.

I won't spoil the fun for the rest of you though.......

Carrie, enjoy your last days as a momma of one......soon you will have two babes to bathe, butts to wipe and mouths to feed....twice as much fun!

Anonymous said...

That is *the* perfect photo! I love it.

My older daughter (now almost 8) was almost exactly a week overdue. That was a heck of a long week. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I hope you'll update your readers when you go into labour! I hate not knowing! :)