Monday, September 26, 2005

Bright lights, big city

So, it seems that I can post photos again. So here are a few more from our weekend. This was Liam's first trip to Toronto (and it's surprising how nice of a photo you can take through the windshield of your car:)


After visiting the runner's expo and picking up his race kit, Chad headed back to our room to rest, and Liam and I met up with Aunty Steph for an inaugural trip to Pottery Barn and some shopping. Thanks for the new togs, Aunty Steph!:


Race day. We did get Liam a crib to sleep in, but hotel cribs suck (as things turn out) and who wants to sleep in a crummy crib when you can worm your way into your parents' ultra-luxurious king size bed instead? Just don't tell the hotel that Liam peed on the comforter.


Is he dedicated or what? Here's Chad sucking back some ultra-disgusting energy gels prior to the race start. These things gross me right out, but Chad does what he should, no complaints.

The race start - that's Chad in the yellow.

Liam and I spend our morning riding the streetcar around, following Chad along the course. Liam is much more worldly than I was at this age...

I already posted a pic at the finish line - here we are back in the hotel room. Chad is wearing his race shirt and finisher's medal, and Liam is holding up the sign he helped me make:

So that's it... race season is officially over here. Well, unless we decide to do the Halloween run, the AIDS run, the Resolution Run...

1 comments:

Darin & Jenn said...

Is it just a coincidence that on the same day we posted our pictures of Seoul Tower, you also posted pictures of CN Tower. How weird is that?? So now our bloggers can compare the two and see what I mean when I say they are similar.