Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's official...


...Liam exists! (You mean he's really not just a figment of my imagination??) Five months and one day later, we have proof of it (meaning, his birth certificate, which was pictured here until it was correctly pointed out to me that I probably didn't want to make that public). Funny that you send away for something like this as soon as you're released from the hospital in April, and the "issued on" date is September 11, five months later. So what have they been doing with our application for all this time??

In other news, we are now dealing once again with the issue of night waking. Only now it's because Liam is flipping himself onto his stomach in his sleep, and then wakes up ticked off that he's in that position. We have to go give him a flip to put him back to sleep. Hopefully the fact that he rolled himself from front to back the other day will continue and he will soon be able to accomplish this on his own.

And in news that shouldn't be related to Liam, but actually is... we are getting new neighbours. Our wonderful elderly neighbour died last March and the property has been vacant for the past six months. Next week the new owners get posession of the house. Should be a good thing, right? Well, we understand that they plan to do some work on the house... which is a good thing... there are some beautiful old homes in this neighbourhood and I love to see them get restored. Unfortunately, today a work van pulled into the driveway - not for long, mind you, but they were there. Liam had just gone down for his nap and woke up when he heard all the banging around. His bedroom (with two windows) is right next to the neighbours' driveway and property. I remember how noisy it got around here as we were fixing up our place - this will not be good for his sleeping patterns! Luckily though, with colder weather coming up, the windows won't be open for more than a few more weeks. (Not that they were open today either though...)

Finally, it officially became more than okay to start decorating for Halloween yesterday. I was out at Winners and the Christmas stock has already arrived. Knick knacks, dishes, racks and racks of ornaments and cards and books and CDs. The Halloween stuff is all in clearance bins at the front of the store (though not on for clearance prices... yet.) Why is it that retailers wish their lives away so much??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie...I hate to add a downer note to your excitement about receiving Liam's birth certificate...but I would remove the picture of it from your site. This wonderful picture, representing a wonderful moment...may turn into a hellish moment for you, Chad, and Liam if someone chooses to use the information for identity fraud. I know...you are thinking that he is only a baby, what harm could result? Believe me...you guys do not want to find out...I've seen too many victims to share.

megan said...

I saw that at Winners and actually told one of the staff that they (meaning Winners corp) were nuts. You know what she told me? They have had the Christmas stuff since August and have just been waiting to put it out. Can you believe it???

Carrie said...

CRAP. Good point Kelly, I guess there's some important info on the card, isn't there...

OK... gone! Thanks for the tip. (See, you've got your work brain back already!)

And Megan... I didn't help matters any... I actually bought something. But only because I knew it would be gone by November when I might actually start to get some use out of it.