Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ch-ch-changes


Yesterday was Liam's first day in his new car seat. Yes, we finally got the stupid thing home and installed. There is a car seat clinic on Friday where I am going to have it checked out. I'm not sure what to think - Chad is pretty sure he has it in there correctly, though he didn't exactly follow the instructions and he thinks we're going to be told it's all wrong even though he thinks it's right. But he is really clever at figuring things like that out, and I trust him. It seems pretty secure to me.

This photo is a montage (obviously) - Liam's first day in the old car seat (i.e. on the way home from the hospital), his last day in his old seat (maybe Sunday or Monday?) and then yesterday, on our way to playgroup in the new seat. The good news is that we still had so many gift cards and certificates from people for Liam that the seat barely cost us anything. The bad news is that playgroup was terrible yesterday - we were the only ones there for the first 45 minutes, and then just one other person showed up. Where did everyone go? Maybe it had something to do with the first day of school.

And, to update you on our CIO progress, well, on account of playgroup, Liam missed his afternoon nap. Which meant he was exhausted by bedtime. And he fell asleep while eating. I tried to rouse him again, really I did, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. So I unwittingly put him to bed already asleep. Please tell me this doesn't mean we're back to Square 1 in the CIO department with another hellish night ahead of us...

2 comments:

megan said...

This will not set you back, you want him to fall asleep and that is what he did! He is so big, do you now see why I had to see him that first week? It is all so fast.

Darin & Jenn said...

He CAN'T be that big already!!! He looks like such a little boy ( NOT a baby!) Cute as ever ( I know I say that a lot but he just keeps getting cuter, just when you think it's not possible!) Love and miss you guys! Give Liam a hug and kiss from his aunt and uncle!