Thursday, September 29, 2005

A very social summer

Sadly for Liam (and also for us, but especially for Liam), some of our nearest and dearest are going to be away for an extended period of time. (Hence, in part, the whole reason for the blog - easier to post photos/stories in one place than email them out to everyone). Our first goodbye came at the end of August when Darin and Jennifer left for a year in South Korea. The second goodbye came this week - my parents are headed to Maui for three months on Saturday. Luckily they will be home in time for Christmas, but will miss out on Thanksgiving and Halloween and everything in between.

We had a very social summer with our family, trying to squeeze in lots of visits during the time we did have together. Chad had a business trip that took him up my parents' way this week, so he dropped me and Liam off at my parents' house on his way through yesterday, and picked us up today. We had the chance to visit with my parents for a bit and witness the frenzied packing (locking up a house for that length of time does require some thought!) These are the last Liam-plus-G'ma-&-G'pa-Robinson photos for a while. Next time I have some to share I imagine everyone will look quite different. Liam will be a whole lot bigger - and my parents will have much better tans.

(If you are interested in what's going on in Maui, I've put a link to my parents' own blog on the right. There you go mom and dad - there's incentive for you to keep it up! And remember, we want lots of photos!)

3 comments:

megan said...

Tell Chad that I am in for the 10K. I'm thinking of wearing a costume that only looks very heavy so that I have an excuse for posting something close to a 1:20 time. Cory

Anonymous said...

I am sure that your parents will miss sharing Liam's first Halloween & Thanksgiving...but think of how lucky Liam is to have grandparents who are continuing to do cool things and experience things for themselves. However, I did say to your dad that I am sure that the location has a lot to do with the decision to explore in this manner for 3 months....would they do the same if they were going to Iqualut?

Carrie said...

Kelly - absolutely not! And honestly, given the location - I can hardly blame them for wanting to go.

Cory - I will pass the message on. I will try to convince Chad to dress up also. I think he still has that Riddler costume kicking around somewhere, and it seems to me it would be very aerodynamic...