Thursday, September 15, 2005

Proof that I really do miss my job

Of course I must... I mean, why else would I be finding things to graph in my spare time at home? Yes, I have been keeping track of Liam's nighttime crying spurts. You'll notice that they are pretty consistent, that one terrible night aside. But I am thrilled to report that he didn't cry last night. Not when we put him down in his crib, and not even half an hour later (I don't understand why he sometimes does that: if there's nothing to cry about immediately, why does he decide, after all that time has passed, that it's time to start??) I'm sure this is not the end of the CIO journey for us, but it's progress. And it deserves some celebration.

Something else that deserves celebration is our 4th wedding anniversary, which happens to be today. Happy Anniversary, Chad! Not sure why I'm saying that here as Chad has only read this blog maybe twice in the six or seven months that it's been going. But that makes this a safe place to discuss anniversary gifts. For some ridiculous reason, Chad and I started following those lists of contemporary and traditional anniversary gifts when we first got married, and we're too far into it now to stop, although every year it gets harder and more annoying that we ever started. Year #4 is represented by either Appliances (for the contemporary list) or Fruits & Flowers (for the traditional one.) While I would love to get Chad a new washer and dryer (yes, those big cobalt blue front-loading models that he drools over at Sears each time we're there), that's simply not in the budget this year. And, our old machines are still running. Might as well wait for them to quit before buying new ones. So after weeks and weeks of agonizing over what to get him - we frankly don't need a new toaster oven or griddle, not that Chad even cooks all that often; he wouldn't appreciate flowers the same way I would, and I decided that a year's supply of Juicy Fruit gum was just too silly), I finally got him a gift set at the fragrance counter of my local handy department store. Which I've always seen as the gift to get when you can't think of a gift to get. Oh well! I figure there has to be something floral in there somewhere, even if it is a men's scent. He used to wear scent all the time and I loved it. So I'm trying to start that up again (though, yes, I realize there's a Clean Air policy at work where they encourage people not to overdose on the fragrance, lest the person the next cubicle over develop an allergy to them and commence workers comp proceedings).

Anyway, Chad is celebrating our anniversary tonight on a booze cruise with a project group he's been working with for the past year and a half - today is the big project wrap-up celebration. He expects to be home at 11:30 p.m. tonight. I guess that leaves Liam and I to fend for ourselves today. Happy anniversary, eh! We'll find something fun to do tomorrow to make up for it.

1 comments:

megan said...

Congrats Carrie and Chad, we wish you many more happy years to come!
Megan and Cory