Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dear Blogger administrators, could you please delete yesterday's post and wipe it from the memories of my readers, too? Thanks.


Liam played a dirty rotten trick on Chad and I tonight. He went to bed without a peep. Just rolled over, closed his eyes and started to suck his thumb. Twenty minutes passed. I stopped into our bedroom to talk to Chad (who was napping after watching Wednesday night's Blake/Agassi match, which couldn't have been closer and which finally ended at 1:15 a.m.). My last words to him were something along the lines of, Hear that... he went down without a sound tonight. It worked!

Spoken like a true idiot.

I went downstairs and sat down at the table to work on some things. That's when it started. The wailing, that is. And it did not end for the next 77 minutes. That's right - almost twice as long as the first night of the whole CIO experiment.

Obivously, my faith in this magical Dr. Weissbluth is truly shaken right now. And his claims about how the crying is just protest crying and it's not doing your child any permanent damage? Not sure I buy that anymore, either. Suddenly I have visions of Liam on Jerry Springer twenty or thirty years from now: It's not my fault I'm messed up... it's my mom's... she put me in my crib to fall asleep on my own when I was five months old, and I've never been the same since!...

We had been planning to go to Windsor Friday night, but I'm going to skip the trip on Liam's account. I'd rather get this over with than mess around with it unnecessarily and potentially prolong things. Not sure whether we'll do it Saturday instead. We (Liam and I) have a few activities on the agenda tomorrow - going to get the car seat checked at the clinic, and then we're going to visit my friend Daylene. If that's all the activity that we manage to squeeze in for the day, that's still fine by me.

5 comments:

megan said...

I can't say as I blame Chad for napping...a match for the ages like that only comes around once in, well, an age or so. Cory.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darin & Jenn said...

If only I was in a country where (a) I had cable in my apartment and (b) actually got channels that would show the entire match, then maybe I'd by happier for having seen the match. But alas, I seem to have missed it all. It't not like the old days where we would video tape these matches and watch them over and over again (while beating the crap out of Bryce).

Darin

megan said...

I really just wanted to see if my picture would show up with my comments. I also am wondering the where abouts of todays entry.

megan said...

Yeah it worked! Carrie took that picture of me.