Sunday, September 11, 2005

When does it become inappropriate to share naked baby pictures?


Oh well, I will consider us to not be there yet. These photos are from a couple of days ago: our usual bedtime routine. First Liam has some Naked Playtime. I have no idea how we started this, but it is pretty much his favourite thing in the world, and consists entirely of rolling around on the floor, buck naked, sucking on his toes and otherwise amusing himself. If he had his clothes on, there is no way he would ever be content to play on his own for such a length of time. Then we play with his reflection in the mirror for a while (which is when these shots were taken) and then finally it's time for a bath, a feeding and bed. Saturday night he cried for 24 minutes; tonight it was 12. And I have to say, if it wasn't so heartbreaking, it would almost be funny. I suppose I can say this because I know that his cry is not a cry of pain, or hunger, or fear, or anything like that. It's actually just a pissed off, come-in-here-and-play-with-me kind of cry. He wails, in a very angry kind of way, and then stops - I think he's listening to see whether he's been successful: are there footsteps approaching? No? OK, time to wail again.

We had a busy weekend doing a little bit here and a little bit there. An early trip to Windsor on Saturday morning was successful for all three of us. Chad found some running gear he was looking for, I found a new scrapbook store with some decent inventory, and Liam found a Halloween costume. And before I hear anything about how it's far too early for that, let me say that although the store had JUST finished stocking the racks with these costumes when I got there, they were positively being swarmed over by shoppers. I nabbed the last size 6-12 months in the style I wanted, and had some hipster doofus following me around the store to see whether or not I was actually going to buy it - I guess he wanted it too. I had the clerk put it on hold for me for ten minutes until I could have Chad come back and agree to the purchase. (Which he did.) I will not spoil it now since I will (obviously) post a photo when the time comes, but we thought it was very fitting for Liam. And no, it is not Andre Agassi - especially not circa-1987 Andre Agassi. (And yes, there is some sombreness in the household tonight as Agassi lost in the final at the US Open today. Had a very commanding lead and then just choked.)

Today we made a spur-of-the-moment trip out to Dana and Bruce's trailer and Rondeau. I went for my last long(ish) training run: the half marathon is one week from today. We left Liam with Chad's parents and I ran through the park while Chad biked alongside to keep me company. We had lunch with the Cooks before coming home. Today is Grandparents' Day: Happy Grandparents' Day, Dana and Bruce and Marlene and Ralph! This afternoon there's been a lot of chores around the house on the agenda, along with the US Open disappointment and a bit of free time for me to play with my new scrapbook goodies. Or at least, time to think about using them. I am so indecisive (as usual) that I really have not made anything with them yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megan said...

What is this? Some new sort of comment verification system? I may need it for my blog.
Love the look on Liams face in the 2nd shot. It's like "Hey Mom quit it, we're naked here! Dad may be OK with the nudie shots but not me."

Carrie said...

I started getting a lot of spam this week too, so finally resorted to the word verification. It seems to be working.

The store was Teddy's, right by the New Balance store on Walker Rd (??) where Chad was shopping. On first glance it was pretty dumpy too, but they had a whole wall full of American Crafts stuff, which I am in love with right now!!